Class Begins February 6, 2021
Medical Healthcare Interpreter Training
Start Date: February 6, 2021
- Language supportive: Speakers of all languages are welcome
- Class meets Saturdays and Sundays
- 2 days a week for 5 weeks
- Live instructor training: 8:00 a.m. (PST) / 11:00 a.m. (EST)
- Orientation session: January 31, 2021; 8:00 a.m. (PST) / 11:00 a.m. (EST)
- Students must attend ALL live instructor sessions on designated days.
PREREQUISITE: InterpreterEd.com Bilingual Assessment
InterpreterEd.com takes pride in interpreter success and emphasizes effective learning experiences. Our program will challenge you like no other, but we will prepare you like no other as well.
In this InterpreterEd.com training program, you will have the opportunity to learn all of the information needed to pass your national certification exam. In this course, you will:
- Complete purpose-driven learning assignments
- Engage in meaningful learning experiences
- Practice interpreting skills with your classmates
- Focus on carefully curated medical terminology
- Learn and receive helpful guidance from your instructor and the instructional staff
Instructional staff? Yes! we have additional staff to ensure students are well supported when learning.
Our classes are scheduled to accommodate both East Coast and West Coast students. Students will need to attend all class sessions, properly complete all assignments, and successfully pass the final exam to receive a certificate of completion.
MANDATORY: ALL students must be logged in on time. Your webcam must be ON for the entirety of the class sessions.
Lourdes is a certified medical Spanish interpreter and translator. She has 30 years of combined experience working with the Los Angeles County Department of Health and Kaiser Permanente Medical Center. She is certified both by the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI) and the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI).
Lourdes is an active interpreter trainer in the medical healthcare field. She is a lead adjunct professor at Mt. San Antonio College Health Care Interpreter Training Program and a member of the adjunct faculty of the Medical Healthcare Interpreter Training Program at InterpreterEd.com. As a freelance Spanish interpreter, she has extensive experience interpreting workers' compensation cases. She also has extensive experience in conference interpreting, simultaneous interpreting, and sight translation, including over the phone interpreting and working with LanguageLine Solutions and Health Care Interpreter Network in video remote interpreting.